When installing Checkout Pro ("Checkout Mercado Pago"), there may be an increase in the approval rate of online store sales. This happens because buyers will be able to pay using a Mercado Pago account and the entire purchase process will be done in our environment, which facilitates payment. At the end of the transaction, these buyers are redirected to the store environment.
To install Checkout Pro ("Checkout Mercado Pago") in a Shopify store, follow these steps:
- Go to your Shopify store.
- In the store's administrative panel, click on Settings.
- Once there, select the Payments option.
- In "Additional payment methods", click on the Add payment methods option.
- Go to the Search by provider tab and look for the new app with the name "Checkout Mercado Pago".
- Once you have found it, select it and click Activate and then Connect.
- Select Install App and then Manage.
- Put your production credentials (
access token) in the fields that request it and click Save. Remember to keep your credentials handy.
- To finish the installation, select Activate Checkout Mercado Pago.
In case of renewing your credentials, remember to replace both the production and test credentials in your integration.