Credentials are unique passwords used to identify an integration in your account. They play a key role in securely capturing payments in online stores and other applications. You can find them in the Application details > Credentials within the Developer dashboard or in your Mercado Pago account by accessing Your Business > Settings > Management and Administration > Credentials.
There are two different types of credentials:
- Test credentials: Use test credentials to test your integrations. They can be combined with test credit cards to simulate transactions and verify the correct functioning of the integrations. It is recommended to use these credentials before moving on to production credentials.
- Production credentials: Use production credentials to receive payments.
Both types of credentials consist of two pairs of keys that you should use according to the chosen product. Refer to the specific documentation of each product for details on the keys to be used.
|The application's public key is usually used on the frontend. It allows, for example, accessing information about payment methods and encrypting card data.
|The application's private key that should always be used on the backend to generate payments. It is essential to keep this information secure on your servers.
|The client ID is a unique identifier that represents your integration.
|A private key used in some plugins to generate payments. It is extremely important to keep this information secure on your servers and not allow access to any system user or intruder.
When receiving assistance in the integration or configuration of your payment channels, you can securely share your credentials. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Access your Mercado Pago account.
- Navigate to Your Business > Settings > Management and Administration > Credentials.
- Within this page, select the option "Share my credentials".
- Enter the email of the person you want to grant access to.
- Make sure the email is associated with the Mercado Pago account of the respective person.